We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our global engineering team and play an integral role in driving our objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. If you are self-motivated, value work autonomy and independence, and are interested in achieving personal growth thru a high growth company, please submit your resume.
SUMMARY AND COMPANY PROFILE
Coriolis is a privately-owned company that operates at the cross roads of high tech, automotive, and aerospace industries. The company builds robots that build automobiles and airplanes.
Coriolis is looking for an engineer to support its customers in Wichita, Kansas. The company has an entrepreneurial work culture that places a strong emphasis on flexibility, bias towards action, and work-life balance.
With more than 60 robots installed worldwide, Company’s products automate the fabrication of fiber reinforced plastic components widely used on modern commercial airplanes such as the Airbus A320, A350, and Bombardier’s C-Series.
Location : Wichita, Kansas
Start Date: September 9, 2019
MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- The candidate must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- Must be able to travel to France, by air, for technical training for a duration of 2 months starting in September 2019.
- Must be a self-starter with strong ability to work independently, yet as part of a larger, global team.
- Must have a BS degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering
- Develop industrialized and highly automated composites production solutions on behalf of the company for its existing and potential new customers. These solutions include a wide variety of materials and processes that the company offers to its customers; thermoset, dry-fiber, thermoplastic material forms as well as processes like 3D automated fiber placement (AFP), filament winding, thermoforming, press forming, hot-drape forming.
- Create 3D simulations using automated fiber placement programming software to demonstrate producability, cycle time, and structural optimization trade studies.
- Perform and validate automated processes using a data driven approach.
- Operate company’s AFP equipment installed at National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) and other US academic institutions and laboratories.
- Develop technical solutions and make recommendations to the customers to improve the productivity and business economics of their composite production efforts.
- Responsible for collaborating with in-house company experts to select the optimum robotic systems and other automated components to support initial customer engagements as well as system requirements, and product specifications.
- Be the technical point of contact with the customers; lead design reviews, manage technical deliverables and associated project milestones.
- Coordinate company’s robotic systems installation activities, including equipment arrival, positioning, installation, and scheduling of support groups (Facilities, Riggers, Ground Handling Equipment, etc.)
- Lead Final Acceptance Testing (FAT) activities required for final buy-off of the equipment installed at customer sites. This requires software and hardware skills as well as hands-on composite layup experience.
- Respond to customers’ request for on-site support within the states of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Provide liaison services between the customers and the company regarding equipment operations, performance, and troubleshooting the Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
Requirements (in order of importance)
- 3D CAD modeling experience with CATIA V5 or equivalent software system.
- Experience designing and/or manufacturing of composite parts.
- 2 years of hands-on work experience in a composites fabrication environment (preferably aerospace), familiarity with common composite tooling practices, composite materials, part bagging process…etc..
- Must be able to travel within the continental US and Canada throughout the year, and to France (no more than twice per year)
- Proficient in MS Excel, Power Point, MS Project
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to review model based definitions.
- Experience with calculating tolerance analysis, cumulative accuracy, and precision calculations common to the aerospace industry.
Preferred But Not Required:
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Familiarity with electro mechanical and pneumatic systems used in modern robotic systems.
- Proven project management experience.
- Flexible work schedule and remote work
- Paid time off
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, 401-K
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Composites: 2 years (Preferred)
- 3D CAD: 2 years (Required)