Full-time employees are eligible for below benefits (subjected to different waiting periods)
Employer paid life insurance
Employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
401K retirement plan with employer match
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
GNA licensed, high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Have a valid Driver License without restrictions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, as well as appropriately document assessments. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Accepts work assignments from supervisor willingly and takes ownership of job responsibilities.
- Follows Company meal and break policy.
- Uses supplies without wasting.
- Assists with many activity programs held daily.
- Assists with 1:1 contact with resident.
- Assists in planning the monthly calendar of activities.
- Assists volunteers with duties.
- Completes initial assessments, progress notes and care plans.
- Assists residents in transporting to appointments and activities
- Ensures call lights are within reach of residents and answers call lights promptly.
- Ensures that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently and assists when is necessary
- Works as a Geriatric Nursing Assistant pursuant to Geriatric Nursing Assistant job description when necessary.
- Maintains resident privacy and dignity while performing job duties.
- Drives the company vehicles, assists and participates with trips out of the facility.
- Performs any miscellaneous work assignments as may be required.
- Documents attendance in group activities and 1:1 participation
- Makes independent decisions pertaining to the activities department without supervision from immediate supervisor
- Uses discretion and independent judgment as it relates to the activities department in a timely and efficient manner.