About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Wholesale Payments Operations (WPO) is part of the Digital & Platform Services organization in the Corporate & Investment Bank. WPO supports Payments, Receivables, and Trade Finance Products and acts as the payment hub for JPMorgan Chase, across the firm’s business lines. WPO consists of 5,500 employees across 60 sites and supports 142k corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities domiciled in over 180 countries. On average, WPO processes 30.1MM transactions daily across 122 currencies valued at $3.2T.
Wholesale Payments Operations and the Payments industry as a whole are undergoing significant amounts of change and disruption – industry, technology, and organizational. It is critical to develop and execute on a strategy that will enhance the organization’s business and operational model and position it for continued success.
We are seeking an Executive Director level candidate to lead Diagnostics for the WPO organization. The role will report directly to the Head of Innovation for Wholesale Payments Operations. The successful candidate will create a diagnostics strategy, building and leveraging sophisticated diagnostics toolset, identifying insights, developing transformation opportunities, and driving the execution of such strategy across WPO. This role will interact and collaborate with Operations Leaders and their respective organizations, key partners across Digital & Platform Services including Operations Transformation and Technology and Business colleagues.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual with advanced analytics, problem solving, and transformation as well as strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will have a strong background and proven ability to transform Operations businesses.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness by providing insights and valuable information to business leaders that initiate the drive for change
- Leverage diagnostic toolsets including (taxonomy, workforce discovery, digital process discovery, process mapping, manual touchpoints, and email rationalization) to gain insight into what WPO does and how it is performed.
- Lead data analysis and bring order to the various separate diagnostic datasets to connect them together to generate and deliver insights to key stakeholders.
- Develop preliminary hypotheses rapidly, focusing on the most important insights to meet the business need.
- Be a story teller capable of delivering practical data insights in a compelling manner actionable by senior leadership and operations
- Become a trusted advisor and thought leader on business data and analytical techniques
- Simultaneously work on multiple initiatives and accelerate decision making across CIB WPO priorities.
- Lead a small group of team members and build/develop the right skills, experience, knowledge and capacity in support of the above.
Skills Required / Qualifications
- Advanced analytics and insights experience – telling stories with data
- Proven experience in developing and leading significant improvement initiatives
- Complex problem-solving skills, with hands-on ability
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a complex and matrixed environment and drive alignment around a common vision and strategy
- Strong ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues, business leaders and functional partners
- Confident communicator with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal and written updates
- Superior execution skills
- Strong risk and control mindset
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ongoing coaching and development of team members