Hope Research Institute is rapidly growing to multiple locations throughout the Southwest. We are currently seeking experienced Research Nurses to support our strategic growth in the Greater Phoenix Arizona area.
Hope Research Institute conducts Phase I - IV pharmaceutical and device trials in the following therapeutic areas: Family/Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Neurology/Sleep Medicine, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, Pain Management, Podiatry, Urology, Women's Health, Device Validation, and Vaccines.
· Graduate from an accredited program for nursing education (BSN preferred).
· Minimum three years nursing experience
· Current licensure as a registered nurse in state of practice.
· Current BLCS or ACLS certification required.
· SoCRA or ACP certification preferred
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for recruiting, enrolling, and retaining patients in industry sponsored and investigator initiated clinical trials. The Research Nurse will collaborate closely with the PI and Sub-Investigators for determining eligibility of patients for clinical trials. Provides education to staff and patients. Ensures proper treatment and assumes responsibility for clinical documentation for patients on protocol. Practices in compliance with principles of Good Clinical Practice and applicable federal, state, and local regulation. Supports and adheres to the guidelines applicable to the Protection of Human Subjects in Research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Screens all potential and physician-referred patients for protocol eligibility. Maintains and submits monthly screening logs.
2. Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, and participates in the informed consent process under the direction of the physician.
3. Documents informed consent process and all components of protocol treatment. Participates in ongoing patient education. Coordinates scheduling of tests and treatments required for the protocol. Maintains research patient database according to site Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
4. Assesses patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug, and thoroughly documents all findings.
5. Works directly with the physician/investigator and clinic staff to ensure protocol compliance.
6. Reports to practice operations and physicians regarding monthly accrual statistics and financial status. May be responsible for creating budgets for the research department. Coordinates payment of non-standard of care protocol-required procedures in order to be compliant with federal and state billing regulations.
7. Ensures accurate and complete data collection, entry, and timely submission in accordance with SOP.
8. Coordinates research drug procurement and accountability records in accordance with SOP.
9. Participates in and supports all site auditing and monitoring visits.
10. Maintains protocol regulatory documents in compliance with SOP. Communicates, reviews, and documents weekly Regulatory Memoranda with physicians and other clinic staff as appropriate.
11. Oversees local quality assurance program and develops appropriate action plans for quality improvement.
12. Actively participates in protocol initiations and study specific educational programs. Communicates and collaborates on an ongoing basis with research operations.
13. Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all time through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA and the CDC. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Relocation Assistance Provided: