Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst for its Cary, North Carolina location. Who will be responsible for acquisition, analysis and maintenance of accounting information, reconciliation of discrepancies and consolidation of accounting data and reports.
Investigate, analyze and prepare complex financial and business information, in support of various functional groups. Analyze a variety of financial documents, perform technical studies, and forecast trends impacting financial activities. Propose and introduce improvements to enhance customer satisfaction and the group's effectiveness.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and conduct investigations, audits and analyses of a variety of financial information used in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, business plans, prices, costs of products, services and operations, and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Review data and consult with governmental, customer and operating personnel to obtain financial information. Select or devise techniques to ensure optimal analysis of financial elements.
- Conduct or coordinate special studies and investigations, and recommend measures to achieve resolution of complex and controversial financial problems. Continually review operations to reduce impact of potential problems and to take advantage of opportunities to achieve cost savings and improve customer satisfaction.
- Design, establish, modify, verify and implement cost-effective and responsive programs to meet financial requirements, including a system of checks and balances to safeguard the Company's assets.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of experience in Accounting or finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and 8 years of experience in Accounting or finance.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Finance Service Delivery
Date posted 2019-02-07
Job Function Finance
Publication ID US68058936_E1