This is a non-exempt/hourly position
2 years experience working with or administrating DevOps
Fluent with UNIX command line and familiar with Mac, and Linux
Familiar with virtualization platforms such as VMWare and Docker
Clear understanding of network provisioning and troubleshooting
Associates (2-year) degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
Industry certification(s) are a plus
Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
Some physical labor may be required, i.e. lifting equipment, working in tight spaces, etc.
Hours: Forty (40) hours per week are required. Additional hours may be required to ensure systems are operational during core business hours. Business hours are: Monday-Thursday 7am-6pm, and Fridays 7am-5pm
Manager: Systems Administrator
- Maintain, administer and expand as needed, the Gitlab development environment - including the gitlab server itself, associated modules, and all gitlab runner systems that are required by the Development team.
- Work with the Systems Administrator to maintain and administer resources relevant to DevOps.
- Automate processes and procedures where possible.
- Ensure all services for which you are responsible are backed up and tested on a regular schedule.
- Keep firmware, operating systems, libraries, and applications up-to-date and patched for security vulnerabilities while maintaining compatibility with development needs and priorities.
- Establish and document best practices and guidelines for provisioning and deploying services, ensuring that all production services are included in a catalog. Have additional staging and test environments ready as needed.
- Design services for failover and resilience, with expectation that failure is inevitable.
- Requisition and deploy servers based on expected load compared to computing resources.
- Research and stay up to date on changes in the field, including new software for orchestration, management, and monitoring of relevant servers.
- Document processes so that another person may be able to assume responsibilities as needed.
- Utilize Internal tickets system (Ticket Tracker) to report and track ongoing projects and requests.
- Assist the IT team in providing timely assistance for hardware and software needs of MacPractice employees and contractors.
- Work with the Systems Administrator to maintain networking and infrastructure resources. Assist in installation/implementation of IT projects.
- Perform various duties as assigned by manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused