The Tower Foreman must have an expert level of understanding with all aspects of the wireless industry. As a Tower Foreman, you are responsible for leading the daily site construction work efforts to ensure the crew meets production goals determined by leadership.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and implements MasTec Network Solutions (MNS) Health Safety and Environmental Policies. (Safety Manual).
- Understands and implements Industry standards (OSHA, TIA10-48, NATE CTS and ANSI)
- Ensure safety requirements at your sites and with your crew
- Oversee the daily operations and quality of work performed at assigned sites
- Maintain daily paperwork required for the site and the crew
- Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by leadership
- Compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort.
- Upload closeout documentation to customer interfaces.
- Coordinate with customer representative for site related activities and maintain a good working relationship with customer representative.
- Provide leadership, guidance and actively train/promote learning to all crew members
- Always maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition
- Validate daily timesheets for Management.
- Serve as a mentor to new less experienced technicians
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Demonstrate expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
- Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations.
- NWSA certification is a plus
- Job related certifications-First Aid, Safety, Rescue, Wiltron, Anritsu, Fiber, PIM, CPR and Connector attachment
- Organizational, computer and communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, RFDS, construction drawings and SOW
- Must have a valid driver’s license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions
- If applicable, the ability to maintain FDOT logbooks-training will be provided
- Ability to lead, teach and train proper work and safety procedures
- Recognize and provide a safe work site with acceptable quality and efficiency
- Must be able to provide, record and manage paperwork (Excel, Word etc)
- Must be fit and in good physical condition
- Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and capable of working up to 12 hours.
- Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel extensively, as required for job related functions.
- Must be able to work out of market or away from home as work demands.
Job Type: Full-time