We are growing. And growing. And growing some more. This is your chance to make a real impact for an industry leader.
Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior-Level Java Developer in our Information Services division. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions for our web commerce initiatives. This web commerce developer must be self-motivated with the ability to achieve deadlines while working effectively within a team environment.
This position can be based out of our Northfield, IL headquarters or our downtown Chicago office, but may be required at times to work out of either office.
Qualified applicants will have recognized strength and experience working in the entire development lifecycle for an application, including both back-end and front-end development. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a solid education and a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional leadership and analytical skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
In return, Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; along with a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match and much more!
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop extensions to our web commerce environment to support a variety of business and commerce needs.
- Responsibility for detailed design, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software in their technical area and toolset. Serves as an IS point person for addressing issues and enhancements related to the specific product, functional and technical area.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects
- Adhere to established coding standards and participate in code reviews
- Produce detailed unit test results
- Adhere to IS Department policies best practices.
- Work successfully within an iterative SDLC environment
- Ability to facilitate design meetings with users, management and architects.
- Analyzes production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution.
- Follows and helps to establish development standards.
- Creates and delivers documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts.
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 350,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Founded in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of aprons, surgical gowns and uniforms to a thriving $10+ billion global enterprise because of our dedicated people, entrepreneurial spirit and honest values.
Again named one of the country’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” and once again named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Medline has experienced forty-plus years of consecutive annual growth, and is headquartered in Northfield, IL.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and developing Java based web applications.
- JUnit experience
- 4 year degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced work environment
- Must be highly motivated and dependable with excellent communication skills
- 3+ years in-depth design and development experience with Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- Experience and strong understanding of how to develop for the Oracle ATG Web Commerce platform: Form Handlers, Droplets, Templates, Order Pipeline, Personalization, Publishing, Web Services, Search.
- Experience with Endeca Guided search and experience manager is an advantage
- UI development experience a plus
- Experience with a source control solution (VSS, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git)