Goodwill is coming to GLENVIEW! We are excited to hire for all positions at our newest location, located at 2740 Old Willow Rd. CLICK HERE for a video of what it is like to be part of our Grand Openings!
We are hosting a job fair at our Northbrook Store, 4131 W Dundee Road. Friday, January 18 from 9am-4pm Saturday, January 19 from 9am-3pm Sunday, January 20 from 10am-2pm
A job working at Goodwill isn't just another job; it's a job with a mission! No matter what position you have at Goodwill, you'll be part of a team that makes a positive impact in the lives of individuals, their families and the communities where we operate. Working at Goodwill is similar to other retailers, just with a thrifty twist. Goodwill is also a fun place to work that gives you opportunities to learn and grow through cross training and advancement opportunities. CLICK HERE for a video link to learn more about our mission!
How will YOU be impacting individuals when YOU work for Goodwill? What does it mean to say “Thank you for supporting Goodwill’s mission”?
- YOU help 62,173 people in YOUR community
- YOU help give out over $347,000 in vouchers through our Goodwill Cares Program
- YOU help keep 81.2 million pounds of clothing and textiles out of landfills
- YOU help place 1,199 people in training programs
- YOU help serve over 364,000 meals through our Meals on Wheels Program
Come make a difference with us! #TogetherWeAreStronger Learn more at https://www.goodwillsew.com/2017/community-impact
We offer Real Work-Life Balance:
Some say it, but we do it. Flexible schedules for our employees make it a truly family-friendly environment.
Do you enjoy talking to people, merchandising, and working in a fast-paced environment? If so, then a cashier position is a great option for you! Cashiers accurately ring up sales transactions and let our customers know they helped someone get a job by supporting our mission. Cashiers are also responsible for putting away donations, assisting customers on the sales floor, and letting customers into the fitting rooms.
Do you enjoy working with your hands and discovering neat treasures? If so, then a production associate position may be a great fit! Our Production Associates support the Goodwill Mission by sorting and pricing the donations that are then sold on the sales floor. They are challenged to achieve their pricing goals, and they strategically price donations according to our pricing guidelines. In our production area you never know what you may come across!
Do you love a fast-paced work environment and working with a fun team? If so, we want you to work with us! Our Donation Attendants support the Goodwill Mission by greeting and thanking donors while carefully accepting their donations. They help keep the production area organized by sorting donations as they come in.
In addition to working for an organization with a fulfilling mission, Goodwill offers you great benefits. Here are some amazing reasons to work for Goodwill:
- Flexible scheduling so you can have a life
- No extended hours for the holiday season, enjoy time with your family and friends
- Career growth opportunities through our specialized training and development
- Guaranteed to add steps to your day to keep you active and healthy!
- Wages that are competitive with other leading retailers
- Real Work-Life Balance: Some say it, but we do it. Flexible schedules for our employees make it a truly family-friendly environment.
- Never the same day, or the same donation twice!
Goodwill of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metro Chicago is a people driven organization. As the largest Goodwill in the world, we are 6,000 employees strong and growing. You want more from your work; you want a sense of fulfillment. You want a career with opportunities, not just a job. You want Goodwill, where the power of work can transform your life and the lives of others.
One year of retail or production is preferred.
Must be able to stand, bend, and reach for the duration of your shift.
Donation Attendants and Utility Associates must be able to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer