ABOUT MONROE COLLEGE
Monroe College is a leading educator of urban and international students with campuses in the Bronx and New Rochelle New York, as well as a rapidly expanding Online Division. Serving over 7,000 students, Monroe College is a nationally ranked private institution of higher learning with a real world learning approach that prioritizes hands-on academic experiences, practical and relevant academic programs, flexible learning schedules, best-in-class instructional technologies, and committed and engaged faculty to ensure that students are well positioned for career success upon graduation. Monroe College graduates more minority students than any other college in New York State.
Monroe College offers a wide range of Certificate, Associate, Bachelor's, and Master's degree programs and an array of nationally ranked Division I and Divisions III athletic programs. The College operates seven schools of distinction including the Culinary Institute of New York.
Monroe College is currently seeking an Adjunct Instructor for the Medical Assisting program to provide students with the knowledge, technical skills, computer information processing skills, and work habits necessary for entry-level employment in various health-care related fields including medical transcription, medical billing and coding specialist, medical office manager and medical assistant.
- Providing hands-on classroom instruction.
- Maintaining and updating course syllabi.
- Cover all material in depth and scope as described in syllabi.
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students.
- Preparing and utilizing approved lesson plans.
- Evaluating student competence based on program philosophy and objectives.
- Preparing student progress reports and grade reports; maintaining accurate and timely attendance records.
- Attending faculty meetings.
- Follow the school academic policies at all times.
- Registered or certified Medical Assistant.
- Experience in billing and insurance, medical terminology, coding ICD-9 and CPT.
- Experience in phlebotomy, immunizations, venipuncture, injections, pharmacology, EKG, wound care, GYN procedures and vital signs.
- Proficiency in dosage calculations helpful.
- Documentation, computer skills, administrative competency, EHR (electronic health records)/Practice management knowledge helpful.
- Other duties as assigned
- Be willing to work between two campuses New Rochelle and the Bronx.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Motivated, self-starter
- Be willing to work day and evening classes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Post-secondary Certificate of Completion in Medical Assisting.
- Master’s Degree in healthcare Required.
- CPR certification required
- Prior teaching experience preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time