Requisition Number: ENG-001-0219
Location: Boulder, CO
Stratom, Inc. is a high-tech company specializing in robotics and unmanned vehicles. Stratom attracts the most highly qualified professionals who thrive on the development and implementation of innovative and inspiring solutions and who are committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence.
This position will contribute to programs by assisting in the development of emerging robotics and unmanned military vehicle systems. A strong background in complex system design is required: CONOPS development, requirement generation, system architecture design origination and development, integration, test, and documentation. A qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to operate as a key contributor to our engineering team.
- Contribute core engineering skills and expertise in systems engineering, robotics, embedded systems, electrical engineering, circuit design, and/or software development
- Work with teammates and customers to develop CONOPS, system level requirements, and interface definitions
- Develop complex system designs and architectures including mechanical, electrical, power, and software sub-systems
- Analyze system design for Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM)
- Perform risk analysis including identification, management, and mitigation
- Hands on engineering work, including fabrication, assembly, integration, troubleshooting, and field testing of complex systems
- Prepares documentation for complex system designs in accordance with systems development process and procedures
- Performs Verification and Validation of complex system designs to ensure conformance with specifications and customer requirements
- Produce technical documents including papers, reports, specifications, etc.
- Contribute to program planning activities, including scheduling and budgeting.
- Prepare and deliver customer facing technical presentations
- Support proposal development activities, including a systems solution, proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities
- Support proposal development activities, including system solution origination, writing, cost estimation, scheduling, and presentation activities
- Project Management activities such as schedule/budget tracking and delivering technically sound solutions to customer’s needs
Education and Experience: Minimum 10+ years’ experience in robotics, embedded systems, and/or military vehicles. A Bachelor of Science in a relevant Engineering Field (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Robotics) is required. An advanced degree in any of these disciplines is strongly preferred.
- Translate CONOPS into well defined system requirements and design
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex system architectures
- Outstanding communication skills: listening, presenting, writing, and an ability to translate complex technical topics into simple and intuitive material
- Self-determination and responsibility for the success of Stratom’s programs
- Agile Produce Lifecycle Management
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015
- Experience with the Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- LabVIEW development experience and familiarity with National Instruments hardware
- Domain knowledge in Autonomous Vehicle sensing technology and algorithm development
- An understanding of MIL-SPEC including safety, electronic, power, mechanical, and environmental standards
- Cable layout, design, and manufacturing experience
- Experience with Linux system configuration and management, specifically Ubuntu
- Software development experience in any of the following languages C++, java, java script, python, shell scripts, or MATLAB
- Familiarity with Adobe CS or similar
Additional Requirements: This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
DoD Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary
Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to
Job Type: Full-time
- Robotics, embedded systems, and/or military vehicles: 10 years (Preferred)
- Boulder, CO 80301 (Preferred)
- TS/SCI clearance (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts