NOVO Building Products is currently hiring for 2nd Warehouse SUPERVISOR for our NEW distribution facility in Joliet (Channahon), IL. Come and be part of this exciting opportunity and a growing business.
This position is responsible for leading a team of warehouse employees in our Joliet distribution facility and ensuring safe and efficient operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures a clean and safe environment
- Drives the “Safety First” company culture
- Lead (hire, train, supervise, develop) a team of warehouse clerks
- Plan, delegate and coordinate daily tasks to appropriate team members with clear directions
- Measure and report the effectiveness of work activities and employee performance
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Responsible for identifying ways to improve safety, productivity and accuracy
- Ensures team completes all shift opening or closing duties
- Ensures inventory/bins are stocked and properly labeled
- Ensures the team has all necessary equipment and tools to complete their job tasks
- Ability to understand and ensure team adheres to all applicable company policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 year’s prior leadership experience in manufacturing or distribution warehouse
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate warehouse operations
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Results-oriented team player with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Decisive problem-solver with the ability to solve problems fully and completely
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office, Email and Excel
- Prior experience working in a union environment.
- Experience opening a new warehouse or manufacturing plant.
- Strong understanding of logistics
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
- Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
About NOVO Building Products
Novo Building Products is a leading manufacturer and distributor of moulding, stair parts, doors, and other specialty building products servicing building material dealers (lumberyards), door shops, retail home centers, and millwork manufacturers throughout the United States. The North American divisions include The Empire Company, Southwest Moulding, Ornamental Mouldings, and LJ Smith Stair Parts.
At Novo, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision, PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) with company match.
For more information please visit our website at: http://www.novobp.com
NOVO Building Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- Distribution/Mfg.: 2 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts