Yes, 10 % of the Time
Are you an experienced, highly motivated professional seeking a challenging and fulfilling position in a forward thinking company? Do you love taking on projects using groundbreaking technology while working in a dynamic and fast paced environment? Do you possess the ability to multi-task and work in a diverse and highly collaborative atmosphere? If you answered yes to these questions, then you are exactly what we need and this will be an excellent opportunity for you so please keep reading…
Video Conferencing and Collaboration is experiencing fantastic growth within Citi. This position is to support the Live Streaming, Audio, and Video Conferencing services provided by End User Services.
In this Senior Manager role you will lead a team of 14 engineers located in global centers of excellence. We work on projects, incidents, changes, problems and requests.
You will work with Product, Service Desk, and Engineering management constantly evolving our state of the art services.
This role revolves around bringing multiple teams together to resolve issues. The job is not repetitive and new challenges arise every single day.
You will be creative, enjoy Problem Solving and be able to think of different solutions within the constraints of Citi’s complex environment will thrive at this position. Documenting and knowledge sharing are key as well.
We are not just doing our “piece of the work” we are owning services that touch 80,000 employees in Citi. We are not just in a silo; this job expands skill If you enjoy a challenge, this is the Team for you. We build talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage. This is a senior role, but you're more than a list of your skills.
Citi has great technical team members, and we work as a team. The strongest people bring unique skills and values. We make each other better on our team. Mentoring and online training is supported and encouraged and if business needs warrant, external training is provided.
Collaborating means working with business partners that might not always that technical people. We have a diverse range of professional skilled people at Citi. We have a wide range of careers too.
We work collaboratively across the firm and encourage others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients. The business side of Citi and the Infrastructure Technology work together; our worlds are inter-dependent. We need people who want to communicate and learn the business of Citi as well as partner with a variety of people. Citi is collegial, and collaborative. This team of people can find solutions.
What is the worst day/best day on the team?
Best day is when we make valuable contributions to clients and resolve any chronic issues, worst day would be the opposite when chronic issues drag on without resolution.
- Lead a Global team responsible for Level 3 operations of the Global Audio / Video Conferencing and Streaming services
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product management teams to deliver creative, and cost effective conferencing and live streaming services.
- Act as point of customer concern for all service interruptions; lead all crisis and incident management processes.
- Effectively apply Citi support methodologies and carries out project standards
- Lead and maintain all disaster recovery plans and handle appropriate testing.
- Lead infrastructure and application capacity planning
- Handle the team that participates in Critical Site Tests & COB test for supported applications
- Lead and deliver local staff forums, present global, regional and location news and updates so that team feel engaged in the progress of the organization
- Perform in a senior technology advisory role for the team
- Prepare and present team and project reviews on a regular basis to senior management
- Facilitate team and client meetings. Represent team in the local management meetings as well as be the face for the team during the client and upper management visits
- Contribute to define and Implement standard methodologies and process for the department. Ensure transparency and consistency across teams in the region and globally
- Develop positive relationship with the infrastructure & other functional support teams to drive efficiency
- Set measurable / challenging goals for self and team ensuring continuous improvement and self-development of staff
- Ensure development plans are in place for staff
- Lead direct reports and their activities effectively, including effective record keeping and documentation of key people issues.
- Ensure direct reports and management teams and have clearly defined responsibilities, both collectively and individually in line with the five pillars of supervision excellence
- Comply with HR performance processes by setting objectives for all direct reports and conducting mid/full year performance reviews
Citi, the top tier global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every single day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Learn and able to adapt to changing environment. Willing to learn and have a can do attitude.
- Ability to perform complex and varied assignments in support of the team’s scope of work.
- Analytical thinking and experience with data analysis tools and methodologies.
- Planning, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Team-oriented and collegial approach to addressing challenges.
- Strong people, process, and business focus.
- ITIL certified
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
This senior manager needs to have experience of running a fast paced global team of highly technical engineers, building cutting edge, integrated conferencing services, that include external customer facing critical services.
- Strong influencing skills are required for working in as part of a global virtual team
- The ability to communicate the bigger picture, and high level executive story is important for this role. Often this Senior Manager will be liaising with MD level executives across the world.
- 5+ years’ experience managing 10-15 people in global locations
- 5+ years with Cisco TMS, Cisco VCS and US infrastructure, & Cisco CUCM
- 2+ years Next generation Video conferencing & Qumu Video streaming
- 2+ years Adobe Media / main stream live streaming services
- 5+ years Audio Conferencing products BT, West, PGI or similar
- 3+ Years delivering Multi-million dollar, global innovative projects
- 5+ years managing a global 24x7 level 3 operational team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The Individual must be able to constantly prioritize his / her workload to adjust to the high demands of the Banking technology environment. People management, Planning and documentation skills will be essential in implementing any changes in process etc.
Self-motivation, Commitment and excellent people skills will also be required in this role.
This position is local to Irving TX.
Potential is important.