Come join our amazing acute care rehab team at Inova Loudoun Hospital. We are a 211 bed hospital with a several highly awarded clinical units including medical and trauma/surgical intensive care units. Our hospital is a center of excellence in stroke, hip, knee, and spine surgery as well as a level three trauma center soon transitioning to a level two. Our department and the hospital/health system offers lots of opportunities for education and mentorship. We would love to meet with you to talk with you more about this wonderful opportunity. ***This is a PRN position, ideal for someone looking for a commitment of one weekend day a month (plus one holiday a year) and the ability to pick up additional hours if desired***
As a Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant, you will adhere to department policies regarding time frame, appropriate form and content of written rehabilitation documentation. To help achieve our mission, you will communicate effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment and actual performance as well as an assessment as to status, relevant to the treatment plan, and eventual discharge needs/treatment summaries when applicable.
- Instructs ancillary staff in patient positioning, mobility and care giving. Educates patients and/or families in home exercise programs, transfers, care giving, home safety and use of adaptive equipment.
- Documents clearly, concisely and legibly within established timeframes (e.g. allows other therapists to continue treatment, allows for interpretation by payers, supports reimbursement).
- Includes families/care givers in education/training as appropriate. Demonstrate collaboration in communication with team members and is open to feedback and receptive to change.
- Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of patient/family special needs in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans.
- Recognizes the need for alterations in the treatment method and overall plan as patients advance or regresses and acts accordingly.
- Provides educational materials and methods appropriate to the patients' level of understanding and motivation.
- Selects treatment methods appropriate to patients' diagnosis, age group, physical and emotional status.
Experience: New graduate of a licensed physical therapy assistant program.
Education: Associate's degree from a licensed physical therapy assistant program.
Licensure: Currently licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant in Virginia.
Certification: Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association.
About Inova Health System
Inova’s hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
We are proud to be named one of Forbes’ 2022 Best Employers for Women, #11 of 5,000+ facilities on NurseJournal’s national 2023 Best Places to Work as a Nurse list, and a Top Performer in the 2022 Healthcare Equality Index for LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.