We are Telular, a business unit of AMETEK and a technology leader in IoT solutions for the commercial telematics, security and home automation markets. For over thirty years we have made smarter connections for our customers. By combining wireless technologies, purpose-built devices, and SaaS commercial offerings, we’ve been a disruptive force in the IoT market.
We’re proud of our culture of innovation and dedication to customer success that has put us in a favorable growth position based on a large and loyal customer base and an ever-increasing number of applications for its solutions.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for presenting our wireless tank monitoring systems and solutions to both new prospects and existing clients, ranging from small business to large corporations. Responsible for developing and growing existing clients while continually targeting and cultivating prospective clients. Generate sales through personal communication, prospecting, business case justification, demonstrations, phone calls and written proposals. Perform complete sales cycle activities from lead identification through contract negotiation and signing, account transition to services, ongoing support and follow-on sales.
This position is responsible for the Western Region of US. You will be the liaison between all SkyBitz/Telular departments and the customer to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with all levels of customer contacts. This is an outside sales position meaning traveling 'in person' as often as possible to West Coast client sites (we believe deals and relationships are formed in person).
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Close sales in assigned accounts or territory. Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual quota objectives
- Negotiate contracts with customers involving SkyBitz management team as required
- Build relationships with channel partners and enterprise customers through professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Identify new prospects and business opportunities. Conceive and implement territory-based lead generation activities for SkyBitz products and services. Activities may include account meetings, product demonstrations, industry meetings, prospecting, cold-calling and account research
- Assess customer needs and qualify sales opportunities
- Prepare, present and clarify quotations and all related sale documentation to customers
- Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with prospective clients at executive levels
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Enter all activities, contacts and their titles, and track all customer related issues in salesforce.com
- Demonstrate and maintain a thorough understanding of the target market and functional business activity
- Demonstrate SkyBitz solutions and focus on customer-specific business and financial benefits with a high degree of proficiency
- Analyze and understand customer insights and market trends; adapt, communicate and evolve strategies based on these changes
- Act as a conduit to product marketing and engineering by communicating and defining customer requirements in addition to communicating product/solution concepts and solutions to customers.
- Travel to customer sites to conduct sales activities
- Effectively manage travel budget
- Serve as a point of contact with customers and members of the Customer Support, R&D and QA departments to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Represent SkyBitz at industry at local, regional and national trade shows and events
- Continuously learn SkyBitz products, value and fit into the customer base
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience selling solutions to medium and large corporations and preferably to companies in the IoT/M2M industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Must reside in Western US Region
- Proven success of quota over-attainment during the past several years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal communication and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze complex problems or situations and develop effective solutions
- Familiar with cloud-based software-as-a-service business model and how to sell solutions versus hardware
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in person, over the telephone, and in written correspondence
- Demonstrated knowledge of the wireless telecommunications industry
- Understanding of basic workforce management, business functions and processes
- Self-starter with excellent prioritization and time management skills
- At ease establishing business relationships with individuals from various industries & departments and at various corporate levels
- Comfortable speaking before an audience of between 2–50 people in either a live meeting or teleconference setting
- Well versed in Windows and Internet technologies, Salesforce experience preferred
- Skilled with MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook