Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
As a member of the Google Cloud Communications team, you will collaborate with other cross-functional teams to communicate with journalists and thought leaders, develop specific communications materials and devise thought leadership campaigns. You'll engage in face-to-face meetings with internal executives and external opinion formers, develop print and web-based materials supporting these campaigns, and counter misinformation that may impact business and our ability to serve our users.
As a Communications Specialist, you will support communications programs across Google Cloud Platform, G Suite, and Technical Infrastructure teams. You will work closely with the Google Cloud Communications team, Product Marketing and Engineering leads to build external communications materials and support ongoing PR campaigns.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be a creative self-starter who is willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Develop communications materials including blog posts, press pitches, media lists, launch plans, reactive statements, coverage tracking and spokesperson briefing materials.
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects across the Communications team.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Product Marketing and the Internal Communications teams to support launch activities for Cloud leadership team, their product areas and events.
- Maintain, measure and track effectiveness of ongoing communications campaigns.
- Build relationships with the media, influencers, developers, customers and partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of PR, media or corporate communications experience.
- Experience providing communications guidance to Product and Engineering team members and devising communications strategies.
- Familiarity with Iaas, PaaS, Big Data, SaaS, AI and office productivity services and companies.
- Familiarity with and ability to quickly learn about various areas of storage, compute, databases and analytics tools and supporting developer documentation.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to deliver quality work while managing multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.