Under the direction of the VC Staff HR Analyst, provides analysis and viable alternatives for use in the decision-making process on personnel policies, procedures and actions in Marine Sciences. Identifies trends, issues for action and potential problem areas regarding human resources issues. Analyzes data, prepares studies and reports on various personnel issues and statistics for VC and AVC. Advises supervisors and employees regarding human resources policies and procedures, including problem resolution, recruitment, hiring, supervision, performance appraisals, and various employee programs. In consultation with VC Staff HR Analyst, writes/reviews/updates job descriptions; researches/writes/reviews equity increases.
In conjunction with VC Staff HR Analyst, the incumbent identifies VCMS-wide training needs and opportunities and works with said Analyst to design/offer a variety of trainings. Serves as a VCMS training coordinator. Works with SIO IT to develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive VCMS Staff HR website to facilitate employee access to relevant and up-to-date HR information. Applies professional human resources, organization policies and procedures to provide guidance to supervisors and managers to resolve a variety of human resources issues of moderate scope and complexity.
- Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations; demonstrates organizational skills and problem-solving skills. Has working knowledge of other areas of HR.
- Ability to research complex issues; to gather, organize, and analyze data and other information; to evaluate options and consider potential consequences of actions; to produce concise reports based on data queries and other sources; and to make recommendations for solutions based on analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources policies and programs, and how they affect other organizational policies and procedures.
- Professional experience in generally accepted HR business practices related to recruitment, classification, compensation, affirmative action and equal opportunity, staff training and professional development, compliance management, and employee and labor relations.
- Professional experience developing job descriptions ad conducting compensation analysis.
- Innovation and initiative to develop recommendations and implement new procedures and processes which are adaptable to constantly changing work patterns and business methods.
- Demonstrated experience developing written content for the web; knowledgeable regarding best web content practices, web page design and construction.