The line cook is responsible for preparing food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. He/she will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Culinary experience.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of safe food handling and demonstrate safe work habits.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Capability to operate the equipment as required by department (i.e. slicer, scale, can-opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryer, cheese grater/cutter, case cutter and stove/oven).
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the team member to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Maintain department sanitation and standards (i.e. safety, personal hygiene, clean cases, and equipment).
- Maintain and properly use all department equipment as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- line cook: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cross River, NY 10518 (Required)
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment