Network Security Engineer
Will Hire over the phone if candidate is not local.
Candidates MUST be available with 2 weeks notice and not candidates that are immediately available as the onboarding process for this client can be up to 6-8 weeks. Candidates must also have no gaps in employment and a 4 year degree. This project will be working for a government agency so candidates will also have to obtain a public trust clearance within the 1st twelve months of being on the project.
Years of Experience:
The network engineer will be responsible for the projects and O&M related to the Decennial network infrastructure. Tasks include the installation, configuration and maintenance of routers/switches, Wireless LAN Controllers and access points, and the activation of all WAN telecommunication circuits. Furthermore, the engineers will be responsible for all network support for cloud service providers (AWS, IBM Soft Layer, Azure, etc...). The lead network engineer will also attend all Decennial IT meetings. Lastly, the lead network engineer will serve as a network Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Support the design, evaluation, installation, and management of the USCB LAN/WAN infrastructure, which constitutes the foundation for the Bureau’s data, voice and video communications systems, and also includes the development and maintenance of the Bureau’s wireless LAN (WLAN) infrastructure
- Maintain efficient functional systems, network, and communication connectivity for all users, keeping current on new developments for all assigned areas, including continually performing feasibility studies on how new products/technology would fit into existing system/WAN/LAN infrastructures and developing implementation plans for the changes/upgrades
- Analyze, plan, test, implement, and trouble shoot systems, wide area network and communications network systems
- Detect, isolate, notify, and correct faults encountered in the network
- Manage the configuration aspects of network devices such as configuration file management, inventory management, and software management
- Perform network planning, modeling, capacity planning, and lab testing for communication systems and applications
- Monitor and measure various aspects of performance so that overall performance can be maintained at an acceptable level
- Collect, monitor, and analyze usage information of network resources to support proactive management and future planning
- Significant experience with supporting and maintaining F5 BIG-IP load balancers to include setup, maintenance, upgrades and replacement of the latest generation F5s.
- Experience with TCPDump, Wireshark and analyzing network traffic
- Experience in custom SSL, ciphers and LTM traffic performance optimization
- 7-10 years of experience working with LAN/WAN infrastructure and administration
- Data Center Networking experience
- Wireless experience
- Cisco platform experience
- Experience with creating diagrams and rack elevations
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring routers and switches
- Experience with Layer 2 & Layer 3 technologies
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a Public Trust
- Desired Requirements