Totem Lake, WA:
Applied Technical Services never settles for second best. Our employees have voted us one of Washington’s Best Workplaces for 3 years in a row! Join our team and find out why we love working here.
Who We Are: :
Applied Technical Services has been earning awards since 1984. We are consistently recognized as one of the “Best Plants in North America” and as a provider of “Highest Overall Customer Service”. We take pride in being the very best in the business. We are reliable, responsive and respected.
What You Will Do: :
The General Manager Manager directs all of our facility operations. You will create strategies for continuous improvement and drive the day to day operations, with focus on safety, quality, on time delivery, cost and customer service.
What You Must Have:
- Balance work cell capacity/loading across the plant
- Oversee the daily operations of our 100,000 square foot facility
- Implement policies for lean manufacturing, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, employee relations, visual controls, and plant performance.
- Increase production, assets capacity, and flexibility while watching costs and quality
Where We Work:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least ten years of progressive experience including supervision of large staff
- Significant experience in lean manufacturing, including Kaizen, 5-S, Continuous Flow, Lead Time Reduction, Value Stream Mapping, and Kanban
- Demonstrated knowledge and daily management of MRP II systems
Totem Lake, Washington is a beautiful community, located 15 miles east of Seattle. This small lakeside city of 88,000 boasts great transit, good public schools, a robust system of public beaches and parks, beautiful marinas and safe streets. Nature is right outside your door, and you are just a short drive away from mountains and beaches. Enjoy our summer concerts in the parks, farmer’s markets and gorgeous scenery.
Who Is Our Customer?:
Applied Technical Services is working with Valve Corporation, a video game developer, digital distribution company and creator of various virtual reality technology, headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. The company is known for its software distribution platform Steam and multiple game franchises including Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead and Dota 2.
Why Should You Apply?:
Next Steps: :
- Lead an award winning team- we work hard to earn those awards and we are proud of them
- Utilize our amazing benefits program – medical, dental, 401K, profit sharing, PTO, the list goes on!
- Live in a beautiful place – mountains and rivers are right outside your door!
- Have some fun at work! Use our onsite gym, play a game of ping pong, celebrate our successes!