Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Electrical Lead, Construction Solutions
The Electrical Lead, Construction Solutions is a critical part of the Katerra Product Development Team. This team member will employ their skills and knowledge to create electrical and electro-mechanical, designs to be used in manufacturing and construction. Team members will collaboratively work to continuously improve product designs through process improvements and design standardization. Katerra's Product Development team is developing a strong team of individuals to drive to "Better, Faster, Cheaper" Katerra ideology. The perfect candidate will have the "think outside of the box" mindset, using his/her abilities to innovate manufacturing and construction efficiencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops electrical assemblies and processes by understanding customer requirements and industry "best practices."
- Utilize knowledge of electrical principles, materials and construction practices to assess designs for application in construction environment
- Challenge the norms of applying NFPA NEC
- Interface with Electrical Construction, DFM, Manufacturing and Engineering teams to create electrical assemblies to create installation efficiencies
- Evaluate design for best methods of manufacture, transport and field implementation
- Create designs identifying cost saving features, materials and/or processes
- Work with equipment supplier/vendors to obtain the required product information for detailed manufacture and installation drawings
- Utilize engineered drawings, specifications, design criteria and vendor shop drawings to develop a detailed manufacturable design and installation process
- Continuous coordination with manufacturing team regarding capabilities and best practices for manufacturing
- Visit construction sites to support assembly and process integration, verification and validation
- Support installation teams to resolve issues experienced during the installation of a design
- Utilize electrical design skills to solve technical problems, achieving efficiencies in cost, reliability and product performance
- Prepares clear and concise documentation for presentation of verification data and test results
Required Skills & Experience
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
- 8 – 10 years of experience in residential, commercial and industrial as a construction electrician
- Low Voltage, 24V – 48V, experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of NFPA NEC
- Ability to use CAD software or learn CAD software
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and construction techniques
- Experienced in MS Office suite
- Travel requirement ~20%
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.