At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
This Operational Risk Consultant 4 will be focused on conducting the Business Process Risk Management program for Home Lending and Personal Lending which includes the development and execution of end-to-end process reviews using a blend of audit, operational risk, business management, and process improvement skills, to provide value-added consulting and credible challenge to the lines of business and their existing processes. The objective is to improve the customer experience, reduce risk, and document risk management activities in a clear and consistent manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the design, development, and execution of end-to-end business process reviews. This will include facilitating process review discussions, identifying and assessing risks and controls, analyzing information from various sources, providing credible challenge, developing comprehensive documentation, provide management consulting, and preparation of formal written reports providing recommendations for improvement.
- Assisting with the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of operational risk management framework
- Creating and maintaining strong risk management program documentation that describes how controls work, and managing many facets of operational risk across businesses in a clear and consistent manner
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and control design
- Identifying opportunities to better use data analytics and system controls to more effectively manage operational risk
- Participating in other emerging operational risk initiatives as directed
**Preferred location is West Des Moines, IA; other WF hub locations may be considered. **
Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, specifically with the ability to continually learn complex line of business processes and then assess for effectiveness, unmitigated risk, and opportunities for enhancement
- The ability to demonstrate outstanding writing in a risk management capacity when reporting results of process reviews
- The ability to identify and document risks and controls in a process
- The ability to influence and negotiate with senior management and their staff
- An excellent understanding of both operational and compliance risks and controls within business processes
- Knowledge of Home Lending Servicing, Capital Markets, and/or Production processes (or external equivalents)
- Demonstrated experience in business process analysis and development of structured process
- Prior experience with a demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of Operational Risks and Controls
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to tailor messages based on the audience
- Ability to influence stakeholders in a collaborative environment without direct organizational authority
- Strong Process Management and Project Management skills
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
IA-West Des Moines:
Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.