Must have Secret Clearance - no relocation funds available!
Job Description & Required Skills:
NSITE Software Engineer / Software Developer in support of the Software Engineering Directorate Indicium Product Office. Develop and maintain data collection, analysis, and visualization software for the Network, System Integration & Test Environment (NSITE) tool. Work with NSITE Systems Engineers to analyze customer requirements. Create detailed designs, develop new or modify existing software modules to meet requirements, and perform unit testing in accordance with project guidelines and processes. Assist with writing formal test procedures and the updating of training materials. Interact professionally with developer peers and other groups (e.g., testers, customers, quality assurance).
- C# programmer, specifically in the Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 or above
- C++ programmer with working knowledge of object-oriented principles, sockets, and threads
- Highly versed in modern practices of software engineering
- Detail Enthusiast who understands how to take a requirement, generate a design, and produce efficient, robust, testable software
- Independent of a particular language, you must have a mastery understanding of the constructs of computer science
- Comfortable with agile programming methodologies, such as Scrum
- Experience with modern database technologies, such as SQL Server and/or SQLite
- Minimum of two years of experience relevant to the role
- Experience working on a highly networked application
- Knowledge of efficient data transport over Wide Area Networks
- Understanding of and experience with secure programming techniques
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links (specifically Link 16, JREAP, DIS, VMF and XML)
- Experience working in a Microsoft TFS environment
- Recent experience with graphics programming (DirectX, OpenGL) considered a strong plus
BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar degree field.
Less than 10% annually
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 years (Required)
- Huntsville, AL (Required)
- Secret Security Clearance (Required)
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related (Required)