Harlem Village Academies ( https://harlemvillageacademies.org/ ) is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute ( http://www.peiharlem.org/ ).
As Director of Recruitment, you report directly to the Chief of Staff and work closely with school leaders to identify, attract, and hire exceptional teachers and other essential team members to fulfill our mission of providing a world-class education for Harlem's children.
- Promote Harlem Village Academies as a unique place for educators, with its focus on progressive pedagogy, deeper learning, and a rich intellectual life for teachers
- Build a strong talent pipeline by nurturing prospects, cultivating external partnerships, networking intensively, and cultivating referrals from existing teachers and staff
- Manage a rigorous and seamlessly selection process, efficiently delivering top talent to our schools while investing candidates in HVA's distinctive vision and culture
- Lead and manage a team of recruitment managers and coordinators, building close relationships and supporting individual team members in meeting and exceeding goals
- Use data to drive improvement, including managing systems and processes for ensuring clean data
- Manage online recruiting systems, including our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) and other internal recruitment systems
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers across the network and support their growth as hiring managers
- Engage actively on social media to build awareness of brand and opportunities
- Develop and manage the department budget in collaboration with senior management
- Host and attend recruitment events on some nights and weekends, plus some travel
- Previous recruitment and hiring experience for a charter school preferred; previous teaching or school leadership experience is a plus
- Ability to recognize and attract outstanding talent
- Strong communications and writing ability
- Ability to connect deeply with people, maintain trust, and navigate sensitive issues with colleagues and candidates
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and can operate resourcefully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly organized and diligent, with top-notch project-management skills, attention to detail, and follow through
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.