Westmoreland Mechanical Testing & Research,is recognized as a world leader in materials testing for the Aerospace, Automotive, Nuclear and Medical industries. Westmoreland Mechanical Testing & Research, Inc has a global reputation for high volume, quick turnaround testing with fully integrated, state-of-the-art facilities. Our commitment to our customers is strongly supported by a dedicated and enthusiastic staff. Our highly qualified team are professionals who have the knowledge and experience to get the job done right.
The Production Supervisorsupervises activities of production personnel including but not limited to work assignments, training and cross training, attendance, vacation planning, performance and/or disciplinary recommendations to the management. Ensures regulatory and safety compliance for all processes related to and supporting the production area.
- Interprets and communicates specifications, blueprints and work instructions as required.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of tests.
- Manages all capacity requirements. Aims to meet and exceed all productivity targets.
- Ensures an adequate training process is documented and in place for all production personnel.
- Ensures lab and equipment maintenance plans are in place and followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate the staff to assure the timely delivery of quality service to our customers while maximizing the profitability of the test lab operations
- Encourage a continuous improvement culture where operational efficiencies are constantly evolving
- Monitor and review performance of direct reports, and provide prompt and objective coaching, mentoring and counseling. Resolve performance, job satisfaction, and interpersonal issues, balancing employee and department needs
- Establish performance targets and develop and lead team to achieve these targets
- Manage internal training programs to accomplish the company goals and objectives
- Report financials to Upper Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Tensile testing experience is a plus
- 3+ plus years’ experience as a proven leader/Supervisor
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Must be mechanically and business minded
- Effective business judgment and decision-making skills
- Supervisory experience; coaching, mentoring and training staff at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as other organizational/planning tools
- Must be a quick learner
US Citizenship or Perm Resident Status required for this opportunity
Westmoreland Mechanical Testing & Research, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts