Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Provide skilled occupational therapy service on an intermittent basis to clients in their homes in accordance with the physician's orders.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Assist the physician in evaluating the client's level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic procedures.
2. Conduct ongoing comprehensive assessments of the client’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments.
3. Evaluate the client's significant other(s), and the home situation to determine what instruction will be required and what family assistance will be available in caring for the client, as well as what other agency and community services will be required.
4. Assure that the physician's orders are appropriate and discusses necessary changes.
5. Assist in development and implementation of the interdisciplinary client care plan to include Occupational Therapy in consultation with the physician.
6. Guide and instruct the client in prescribed therapeutic self-care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and mental functioning.
7. Instruct client in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, splints, and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
8. Teach, supervise and counsel the family and client in the total Occupational Therapy program and other related problems of the client at home.
9. Establish goals based on the client's current level of functioning and potential for improvement and performs re-evaluations as indicated.
10. Makes arrangement for outpatient services when procedures are required that cannot be given in the home.
11. Evaluate the effectiveness of occupational therapy intervention and updates the client care plan as needed.
12. Prepare clinical/progress notes on the day of the visit which are incorporated into the chart within 72 hours.
13. Communicate with the physician on a regular basis regarding client's status, obtaining additional orders, if necessary.
14. Communicate with other team members and, when appropriate, instructs them in Occupational Therapy techniques that they may use while working with the client.
15. Supervise the Home Attendant per agency policy when Occupational Therapy is the only professional discipline involved in the client's care.
16. Supervise the Occupational Therapy Assistant per agency policy.
17. Participate in agency activities, in-services, and meetings, when appropriate.
18. Confirm, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Director of Nursingin order to coordinate agency visits.
19. Participate with the staff, the client, and the physician in discharge activities and completes an Occupational Therapy Discharge Summary.
20. Assume responsibility for self-development by continually striving to improve his/her health care knowledge through educational programs, attendance at workshops and conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and reading.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Must be a graduate of an Occupational Therapy school approved by the Council of Medical Education of the A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association.
2. Preferably should be a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
3. Must be licensed/registered in Virginia.
4. Must be certified by the National Board for Certification.
5. Must have at least one year of institutional experience.
6. Must have a criminal background check.
7. Must have current CPR certification.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Required work authorization: