When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Has been awarded or has completed the requirements for a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent. Is a trainee pursuing advanced studies beyond the doctoral level in preparation for an independent career in a biomedical field. In collaboration with and under the mentorship of the Principle Investigator (PI), a Research Fellow engages in activities that will further his or her professional development.
- Abides by the institutional policies of BIDMC relating to health and safety, equality of opportunity and data storage and management. (essential)
- As a member of the research team, actively pursues research under the supervision of a principal investigator while developing skills for independent work. (essential)
- Receives training in and performs duties contributing to the investigational work of the team including formulation of research questions and design, conduct of experiments, and evaluation of results. (essential)
- Prepares and publishes scientific manuscripts under direction of PI. (essential)
- Develops expertise in desired lab skills/informatics/ physics/clinical research. Develops proficiency with research tools and equipment. Develops ability to work with more independence as the fellowship progresses (essential)
- Develops new ideas that promote current research; brings new expertise to the research program. (essential)
- teaching skills and provide supervision of students and their projects when appropriate. (essential)
- Engages in collaborative meetings with other research groups. Attends and leads scientific seminars. (essential)
- Learns to identify, acknowledge and correct deficiencies in one's own performance. (essential)
- Under the direction of PI, pursues/secures independent funding near the end of the fellowship. (essential)