The Vice President (VP) of Operations is responsible for leading the warehouse, distribution, procurement and printshop operations for the organization. The VP will direct the teams, create and implement the operational strategies, plans, and programs. The VP will also be responsible for executing any needed operational infrastructure changes or improvements to support both current and future operations. Additionally, this role is responsible for driving the achievement of the KPIs for the operations under their leadership. The VP of Operations is a member of the Executive Leadership team and works in concert with the COO and other VP/Director level roles.
DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide stable and effective leadership, support and direction to the facility, in support of the vision of creating an organization dedicated to safety, quality, customer service, innovation and flexibility.
- Manage relationships in a professional and courteous fashion with key business partners including internal and external stakeholders, UPS, and other operational affiliations.
- Collaborates with the COO and other senior leaders to execute supply chain strategies to drive the business.
- Control operational aspects in all areas of responsibility to include quality and performance while appropriately anticipating and managing risks.
- Review current operations and utilizing best practices, implement operating strategies, business plans, performance objectives and key initiatives to successfully achieve results and a competitive market edge.
- Utilizing overall business objectives, creates and employs best in class workforce planning principles to develop long and short-term staffing plans which result in recruiting, training, and retaining managers and hourly associates.
- Develop and execute global purchasing and supply chain strategies and activities.
- Lead supplier selection and management. Develop a keen understanding of short and long-term supply/demand/capacity capabilities of manufacturer partners. Manage component lead time and evaluate associate supply chain risks.
- Lead the company’s S&OP process and achieve targeted inventory levels and turns.
- Improve the speed-to-market of products and services through effect vendor management.
- Safeguards plant operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complies with legal regulations
- Collaborates with COO and CFO to accomplish detailed and accurate operational forecasting and achieving and exceeding budget performance on operations including those related to safety, procurement, print operations, inventory, continuous improvement, quality, maintenance and environmental control.
- Work with senior leadership to identify opportunities to reduce product costs, enhance margins and improve production efficiencies.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience within Supply Chain, Logistics, and Manufacturing including multinational experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manager or director level role is required.
- APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred
- Experience with warehousing and distribution operations, inventory management, global procurement and sourcing, and international logistics
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, with an interest to learn every aspect of the business with both a strategic and tactical, hands-on approach
- Encourage a leadership culture at the hourly employee-level that promotes positive and effective communication, consistent and credible practices, honesty and respect
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Must possess the ability to manage large teams of people
- Must be highly analytical and passionate about collecting, analyzing, and using data to drive efficiencies in the business
- Must be capable of identifying inefficiencies in the business and possess the managerial skills to address them
Job Type: Full-time
- manager: 5 years
- Supply Chain: 10 years