This Class A opportunity will only require one to two nights per week on the road. Weekends are home! Under general direction of the Logistics Supervisor, ensures paperwork is accurate and load is complete prior to leaving, ensures directions and contact information is complete for route, ensures truck is inspected and all rules of the road are being followed. The Class A Driver ensures customer satisfaction upon delivery and assists warehouse staff with loading and unloading of trucks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Consistently presents Paradigm Windows Solutions and its products in a positive manner and maintains professional demeanor when interacting with customers, both internal and external.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Performs a critical inspection of the truck for valid inspection, maintenance issues and ensures that all rules of the road are followed.
- Maneuvers trucks into loading and unloading positions.
- Assists with loading activities including verification of complete orders, ensures that no products are damaged, reviews paperwork for accuracy and verifies that the load is complete.
- Assists customer with offloading of truck, ensures condition of windows, and verifies that order is complete.
- Obtains customer’s signature for proof of delivery and properly documents windows not accounted for on order.
- Inspects any merchandise returning from customer for damage and has appropriate corresponding paperwork.
- Upon return to Paradigm Windows Solutions, ensures all returned merchandise is delivered to appropriate areas and all paperwork is distributed i.e., MRAs, proof of deliveries, and any customer feedback.
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, electronic logs)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
Summary Minimum Education & Experience Required
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of two to four years of over the road driving experience
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent