Clack Corporation, a privately held company, established over 70 years ago is looking to fill multiple positions with the right candidates. We are a leading manufacturer and distributor of water treatments components and drinking water products, as well as specialized in custom blow molding products.
Position: 1st shift Tank Winding Machine Operating positions available
Summary: Perform a variety of assembly and production operations for winding of tanks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assist in all aspects of production activities in tank winding. Load rolls of fiberglass, perform clean up as needed, mix resin off-line, hardener and pigment, etc.
- Assemble tanks with pre-assembled components.
- Make boxes and package tanks.
- Prepare and print labels as needed.
- Participates in process improvement, including implementation of process enhancement efforts.
- Operates winding machine, perform surface treatment/finishing and final inspection/packaging functions, operate plate welding machine and associated testing equipment.
- Assist in the proper clean up of production facilities. (as necessary)
- Perform incoming inspection on variety of supplied/purchased components, including utilizing Excel spreadsheets for data collection/analysis.
- Provide basic level of preventive and corrective maintenance of winding tools and fixturing to include mechanical troubleshooting as necessary to sustain production activities.
- Perform pre-process, in-process and post-process inspections, both visual and functional to meet QC requirements.
- Provide necessary material handling of product, components and packaging, operation of scanning equipment to move product as required.
- Assures proper disposal of tested and/or scrapped products/materials.
- Perform daily entry of production data, accurate completion of department paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience in manufacturing and assembly required.
- Quick learner.
- Able to work and think independently.
- Solid organizational and communication skills a must.
- Can perform basic shop math including percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 45 pounds and maneuver 55 gallon drums with assistance.
- Must be able to wear PPE-shoulder length gloves, respirator, face shield, rubber (butyl) gloves,
- Able to work around and with fiberglass and other resin components. Not allergic.
- Extended standing. Able to work around and handle chemicals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to safely use jig saw and saber saw for cutting up tanks.
- Licensed forklift operator.
- Working knowledge of hazardous waste management practices.
- Able to work flexible hours beyond normal scheduled work time.
NOTES: Candidates will be required to pass a math test for consideration. In the event of production disruptions, staff may be sourced to the water treatment assembly dept as needed.
These statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation listed and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.37 /hour
- manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Requires standing for more than 50% of shift
- Requires heavy lifting (more than 25 lb.)
- Machine operation involves extreme hot or cold temperatures
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative