Remote Medical Oncology Coder/Auditor, Full Time, Hourly
The primary responsibility of the Medical Coders and Auditors of Professional Coding is to code and audit CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, Modifiers, Units and identify documentation improvement based on medical record documentation, as needed for various client projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Abstract all E/M, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, units from the medical record documentation.
- Enter data into audit software and/or report for audit summary and audit worksheets.
- Evaluate the overall quality of physician documentation for quality improvement measures.
- Must be able to meet the minimum productivity standards.
- Must meet or exceed 95% accuracy rate on quality reviews.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of completed report to clients.
- Enter time accurately and timely into our timekeeping system.
- Comply with policies regarding the use and disclosure of protected health information which includes accessing and using protected health information only to the extent necessary to fulfill the above mentioned responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles.
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- CPC or CCS-P Certification Required through AAPC or AHIMA.
- Last 3+ years of experience must be in production level Oncology Coding and/or auditing for office visits (NOT INFUSIONS) for E&M/Profee
- Total of 5+ years of coding and/or auditing experience required
- Ability to complete and pass a coding assessment is required
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in specific surgical and medical specialties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and ability to research coding related questions.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Must have experience with remote and/or face to face provider education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Managed Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO
Job Type: Full-time
- E&M/Profee Coding for Oncology Office Visits (NOT INFUSIONS): 3 years (Preferred)
- CPC Certification, AAPC (Required) (Required)