Northern Light Home Care and Hospice
Department: Business Development
Position is located: Northern Light Home Care and Hospice Presque Isle
Work Type: Part Time Eligible
FTE: 0.6 (24 hours)
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Provider Relations Liaison is a sales professional and acts as a business development liaison representing Home Care & Hospice services to physicians, discharge planners, independent and assisted living facilities, and other potential customers. The incumbent initiates communication through on-site sales calls, telemarketing and cold calling in an effort to detail the organization’s products and services provided. The Provider Relations Liaison coordinates scheduled meetings, prospecting, presentations and community events to increase referrals and market share within the assigned geographic territory.
Communicate effectively in both oral and written form, as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Assist departments with questions.
- Provides excellent service with focus on patient and/or customer experience and ensures all functions related to customer service supports the department, member organization, and patient related goals.
- Promotes services, disseminates information, and fosters a positive image of the organization in the community.
- Maintains thorough understanding of department's key performance indicators and strives to achieve them.
- Develops rapport and strong working relationship with external organizations and communities.
- Creates and disseminates reports to appropriate personnel.
- Develops and implements sales goals to achieve financial targets.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Other Information :
Current license to drive in the state of Maine, with reliable transportation and agency required auto liability insurance. Must be able to travel within assigned region, or statewide, depending on the position.
Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated experience in public relations and effective presentation skills. Proficient in MS Office, particularly database and presentation software. Evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written, and telephonic means.
Competencies and Skills
- 1+ years of relative work experience required . One year of demonstrable success in a service organization, having met or exceeded specific objectives for sales, productivity or other performance measures.
- Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
- Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Fosters Innovation: Employs and encourages the use of meaningful creativity in solving challenges. Proactively identifies opportunities and uses new approaches to enhance processes, systems and services. When appropriate, suggests or initiates new strategies, products, services, and markets.
- Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
- Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
- Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
- Required Bachelor's Degree In lieu of education, two years of experience is required for every year of education in addition to the minimum experience identified above.
- Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
- Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
- Potential exposure to noxious odors.
- Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Prolonged periods of walking.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
- Extend body and limbs to reach items.
- Prolonged periods of kneeling.
- Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.