Manufacturer of food packaging in the North Suburbs has an immediate need for a Production Area Supervisor – 2nd shift.
Shift Hours: Monday –Friday 4:30 pm – 3:00 am
This position is responsible for the oversight of safety, uptime, quality, waste, rate, and cost performance of the assets. Responsible for leading and directing people to perform assigned job duties, adhere to basic expectations, and rigorous execution of JSAs, SOPS, 5S, and other applicable systems.
- Assist in the establishment and leadership of plant safety objectives.
- Ensure compliance to all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain required internal certifications.
- Lead, counsel, train and develop team members as appropriate.
- Initiate and deliver any required disciplinary actions for team members.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for team members.
- Actively participate in team member employment decisions including hiring, promotions and terminations.
- Track and manage attendance data for team members.
- Responsible for individual and team compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
- Establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, quality, high performance and process excellence.
- Establish team and individual accountabilities for problem solving and cost reduction.
- Perform 5S, safety, process, and quality audits.
- Address any identified gaps and ensure resolution.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of asset quality, productivity and other required metrics.
- Ensure employees are following JSAs and confront any unsafe acts observed
- Resolve conflicts among team members and refer issues to higher authority when needed.
- Positively communicate changes in business situations, production schedules, and company policies.
- Monitor quality and make recommendations on when to stop production based on material being out of specification in conjunction with the Quality, Process Tech or other knowledgeable individuals.
- Attend downtime meetings, schedule meetings, safety meetings, asset meetings, safety reviews and down day planning meetings.
- Conduct and manage Shift Handover Meetings, Natural Work Team meetings and other required team meetings.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all paperwork including but not limited to production and downtime reports and incident reports.
- Prepare or participate in safety and incident reporting when appropriate.
- Actively participate in root cause analysis sessions, Kaizen events and other improvement strategies.
- Assist operators and coordinate trouble-shooting activities.
- Serve as a resource to Production Tech and Plant Leadership in resolving customer complaints.
- Responsible for fulfilling the tasks as outlined in the daily task lists.
- May be required to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Team with training required in the following: Emergency Response, First Aid, CPR, Fire Extinguisher
- Education - High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Work Experience - At least 5 years in manufacturing supervisory / leadership positions, must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to constantly stand/walk throughout shift. Reach with hands and arms; climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively.
- Communication skills - English but speaking Spanish a plus. Ability to read, write, analyze and follow instructions; Ability to effectively present information and interact/respond to questions.
- Ability to work outside normally scheduled hours as needed
- Managing people
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Technical Skills
- Project Management
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)