Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Job Description
The Life Claims Senior Associate (Examiner) provides support and assistance in Life products and other processes associated with Life claims. The Examiner handles tasks of unusual low to moderate complexity, according to prescribed procedures. The Examiner will process life insurance products claims and other processes associated with life insurance claims to determine the extent of the company’s liability with respect to each contract and to discharge that liability with prompt, fair and courteous service. Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience in either customer service and/or a professional work environment.
- Previous Claims processing experience preferred.
- Activities are of low to moderate complexity, requiring some independent judgment, using procedures standard to the organization.
- Gathers resources and information needed to complete work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/goal driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment.
- A basic understanding of life insurance products and concepts is required.
- Intermediate verbal/written communication skills.
- System knowledge: Atlas mainframe, Cyberlife, Transcend, AWD and SAP
- Product knowledge: Allstate, New York, Lincoln Benefit Life, Surety and Transcend.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Must have basic organizational skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to include experience with Word and Excel.
- Support existing or new systems/programs and evaluate for improvement.
- Understand basic financial control and clear suspense processes.
- Exhibit courteous and professional demeanor in all communication with beneficiaries, attorneys, estate representatives, agents, and other interested parties.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “ here ” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “ here ” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “ here ”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “ here ”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.