The Housekeeper B keeps premises of College buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition by performing duties such as sweeping and waxing floors, dusting furniture, removing trash, replenishing bathroom supplies, etc.
The position is located at the College’s Main Campus. Scheduled hours are Monday – Friday 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. with an unpaid 1 hour lunch break. Overtime may be required depending on the needs of the College.
- Clean and polish lighting fixtures, marble surfaces and trim.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweep, scrub, strip, wax and polish floors. Mop spills, etc. as necessary.
- Clean and clear tables, furniture and fixtures.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies. Remove graffiti and other such markings using approved chemicals and techniques.
- Dust furniture and equipment. Polish metalwork. Wash walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Wash windows, door panel, sand sills.
- Empty wastebaskets, recycle bins, trash cans, barrels and dumpsters as well as clean same.
- Transport trash, waste and recyclable materials to disposal/holding areas.
- Physically move furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Replenish bathroom supplies and maintains restrooms in good order.
- Deliver quality services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least three (3) months related experience/ training required.
- Ability to operate appropriate maintenance tools and machines such as but not limited to, buffers, scrubbers, vacuums, shampooers, carpet extractors, roto washer, gas powered hot water high pressure steam cleaners and trash compactors required.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and move (push) up to 100 pounds occasionally required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions required.
- Ability to follow verbal or written directions required.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
- Valid current driver’s license preferred.
Work Location Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested persons should complete an online application.
Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on August 6, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank II