Customer Experience Assistant Store Director – A newly-created position with a Family-Owned Supermarket Chain in Harford County.
“Come Join the Family!” Tired of the corporate environment where your only job is to execute? Klein’s Family Markets/ShopRite of Maryland, a local grocer, is recruiting for an experienced, full time Customer Experience Assistant Store Director to join our team.
We are looking for a few strong leaders to join a cohort of Customer Experience Store Directors to evolve the customer experience in our stores. You will work together as a team and with the Klein Family and other members of our executive team to train and develop others in the art of delighting our customers.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for the role.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years (or more) successful leadership and customer service experience in a high volume retail environment. Our Customer Experience Assistant Store Directors lead, motivate, and model ShopRite’s Purpose and the Klein’s Family Markets Guiding Principles.
- Reports to Store Director
- Interacts with all levels of corporate and store management.
- Works 4 closing shifts per week to lead and inspire a great customer experience during our busiest shopping times; works one mid-shift/week focusing on influencing culture shift and leading learning & development initiatives designed to shape the customer experience.
- Leads and inspires Associates
- Works closely with business partners and peers in and outside store as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expert in store systems, policy, procedure; able to interpret policies and procedures to resolve customer and employee issues.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with store team, customers and all levels of corporate and store management.
- Strong training & development skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to read, write, speak, analyze, interpret and understand the English language.
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work four closing shifts per week.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift and carry 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around department/stockroom areas for 10 hours/day.
- Ability to work in cold conditions and around cleaning chemicals and spices
- Ability to utilize retail technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of the job.
Job Type: Full-time