Registrar of Contractors
The mission of the Registrar of Contractors is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public through a regulatory system designed to promote quality construction by Arizona contractors.
Visit our website at http://roc.az.gov
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II
1700 West Washington Street, Suite 105 – Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Registrar of Contractors (ROC) Licensing Department oversees 37,000 active construction licenses for the State of Arizona. This fast-paced unit processes new license applications, change requests, cancellations, reinstatements, suspensions and all other actions regarding construction licenses. Along with processing licensing documents, the department also provides assistance to licensed contractors and members of the public in person and over the phone.
The Licensing Representative is a critical position within the Licensing Department of the Registrar of Contractors. Using applicable laws and statutes, the position evaluates and makes determinations on construction license applications that are submitted to the agency. This position is part of a licensing team and reports to the Licensing Department Manager.
Job Duties include:
Please include on your resume:
- Review licensing documents for accuracy/completeness and process accordingly.
- Update and maintain licensing records.
- Respond to customers in person, over the phone and in writing.
- Conduct research and exercise independent judgment to meet customer needs.
- Promote a positive image of the agency to license applicants, licensees and the public.
- Start/end dates for all previous positions held (month/year).
Please attach a cover letter to your resume. The cover letter can be as long or as short as you would like and will be a significant part of our resume review. Prepare one document that has your resume as the first page(s) with the cover letter following. Once you have your resume and cover letter prepared in one document, please upload this and identify the type of document as a “resume.” Any cover letters attached to your profile but not in the same document as your resume will not be viewed. Attach the document in a Word or PDF format. Delete all other attachments from your profile.
Cover Letter Content:
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources.
- Explain what interested you in our position.
- Describe 1-2 techniques you have used to provide excellent customer service.
- Describe your experience working in a regulatory setting
(where you had to conform to laws or rules as part of your job).
- Anything else you would like us to know about you or your experience.
The Licensing Representative position is an entry level position with promotional opportunities throughout the agency and State. We welcome and encourage all interested applicants to apply.
Education and Training:
- 1-3 year’s customer service experience in an office setting.
(A higher educational degree can be used to meet this preference.)
- Experience using standard office software and the ability to learn a
custom computer program.
What a successful Licensing Representative looks like:
- Training or experience in business practices.
- Ability to make decisions in a complex and subjective environment.
- Good work ethic.
- Friendly disposition.
- Good spelling and grammar skills.
- Willing to help out team-members or do new tasks not previously assigned.
- Comfortable being stationed in a cubicle processing paperwork.
- Comfortable being assigned phone duty and front-desk duty on a rotating schedule
(each about 1 day per week depending on the needs of the Department).
- Self-monitors work to avoid mistakes. Uses mistakes as an opportunity to learn.
- Ability to stay on top of process/procedure changes and
implement them into their work product.
- Enjoys a sense of satisfaction in helping candidates become Arizona Licensed Contractors.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent benefits package including:
Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
Accrued vacation pay and sick days
10 paid holidays per year
Deferred compensation plan
Subsidized public transportation passes
Wellness plans with cash prizes for completion
In addition to the State of Arizona benefits, the Registrar of Contractors offers:
Candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal history investigation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application.
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance.