Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Business Support Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Responsible for the implementation of solutions for complex business problems. Works with other Analysts who are responsible for supporting key functions and provides recommendations for improvements to the business and/or business processes.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic changes to the services being performed.
- Provides operational support on current processes and supports business operations and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects and assembles relevant data for said project(s).
- Validates information and interfaces with other departments to include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and recommended actions.
- Represents the business or staff agency as the subject matter expert on special project and initiatives, as necessary.
- Participates in the planning, research, analysis, development, and implementation of new and modifications to existing applications and processes to provide new or improved capabilities, products, and/or services.
- Develops and maintains a understanding of overall business functions.
- Maintains broad system knowledge relating to primary job function and backup to at least one other function.
- Assists with the documentation of new and revised departmental procedures.
- Gathers information, analyzes data and trends, identifies root causes, and develops work products.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues through the use of reports.
- Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes reports that function as a control to existing processes.
- Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports.
- Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by Management and or Regulatory Agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of analyst or equivalent experience.
- Proficient knowledge of a wide variety of systems coordination, process/product review initiatives and the development of management information requirements for related business functions.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Financial Audit and Reconciliation experience
- Understanding of Money Movement transactions to the Financial Statements
- Ability to develop Business Requirements for project implementations
- Ability to engage and present in written and oral communications
- Knowledge of Accurate/ Blackline
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Flexible; forward thinking; champions change; demonstrates adaptability.
- Ability to build strong partnerships across the enterprise; encourages collaboration.
- Engaging; fosters open communication; influences others; innovates.
- High sense of accountability; sets the agenda; follows through on commitments; manages and executes complex assignments
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
assistance is not available
for this position.