DELTA Resources, Inc. is a woman-owned business, established in 2000 to provide support services to the Federal government and private sector. With over 300 employees and annual revenues exceeding $50 million, the company has sustained growth in the delivery of Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test solutions to DoD clients. DELTA achieves its corporate objectives through a commitment to excellent customer service and employee development. Our Mission: DELTA enables government decision-makers to make the best decisions for our country’s future through quality products delivered by skilled professionals to ensure the highest caliber of service. DELTA accomplishes its mission through a partnership with our employees and customers.
DELTA is looking for a Junior Front End Developer to join our growing cloud computing practice in Alexandria VA. An ideal candidate is a front end web designer and software development specialist that can collaborate as part of a team to drive new User Experience (UX) design and User Interface (UI) from concept to design, development, testing and delivery. The successful candidate will provide hands on design and development of UI/UX components as part of a Scrum Agile Product Development team working in a CMMI level III organization. Duties include all aspects of front end development for the design, development and validation of new products. This is a unique opportunity to help design, build, and implement efficient, secure and elegant front end solutions that deliver great user experiences by leveraging the latest AWS cloud based tools and technologies for customers supporting mission critical activities for the Department of Defense.
Translates customer needs and requirements into wireframes and mockups and designs and working software to deliver to intuitive easy to use, user experiences. Facilitates product vision by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for software products. Designs and delivers wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups and software products optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces. Identifies design problems and devises elegant solutions. Helps drive strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core capabilities, functions and features. Takes a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate designs. Collaborates with team and stakeholders to conceptualize, design, develop, test and deliver outstanding software products.
- Ability to produce elegant, modern, responsive, multi-platform HTML5/CSS user interfaces from concept though delivery with strong understanding of UI/UX design principles and practices
- Ability to produce web concept designs, web interfaces, prototypes and effectively articulate design decisions and to elicit, refine and develop functional and technical requirements
- Actual hands-on experience as web designer and front-end application developer and user experience (UX) design
- Must be able to obtain DoD SECRET clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of actual hands on experience in front end development technologies in a professional capacity.
- Excellent communication skills for a wide variety of audiences and media.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly evolving requirements.
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices a strong plus
- Experience with the Scrum software development lifecycle and CMMI a plus
- Full-stack development experience a very strong plus
- Experience in UX software such as Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer. js, Quartz Composer, or similar a plus
- Understanding of AWS tools and frameworks a plus
EEO Statement DELTA Resources Inc. provides equal opportunity for all persons and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), veteran or marital status, or any other factor prohibited by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave, compensation, and training.
DELTA maintains an Affirmative Action Plan to establish fair access to employment opportunities and to create a work community that is an accurate reflection of the qualified workforce. Due to security clearance requirements, U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.