KNAPP was founded in Austria in 1952, and has 3350 employees worldwide, 2200 employees in Austria and around 1700 employees in Headquarter in Graz, Austria.
Additionally, KNAPP has a global network of company locations from Sydney to Buenos Aires and the office for North America is in Kennesaw, GA.
KNAPP provides intralogistics solutions to customers’ worldwide including conveyor- and material handling systems, semi-automatic picking and storage system using shuttle technology, fully automated picking robots and much more. A permanent element of the corporate strategy is continually striving in the areas of further development and research.
KNAPP IS A WORLDWIDE LEADER IN WAREHOUSE AND DISTRIBUTION CENTER AUTOMATION.:
KNAPP has been developing comprehensive material handling and software solutions for more than four generations. Solutions that give our clients a competitive edge that helps achieve industry-leading results. By combining state-of-the-art software with unique picking and storage technology, KNAPP develops the perfect high-performance automated material handling solution. Customized to suit not only specific industries, but the individual goals of every client we serve throughout the United States and Canada.
KNAPP continues a tradition of excellence by helping our customers quickly and efficiently manage internal processes that increase accuracy, reduce inventory costs, and improve customer service. From accurate and safe pharmacy automation solutions to innovative systems for audio/video, pharmaceutical wholesale distribution, health, beauty and cosmetics and more.
Job Summary: :
Knapp is looking for a candidate who will provide KiSoft Warehouse Management System (WMS) expertise and support to our customer in Maryland, United States. This also includes the planning and coordination of testing activities required by customer as well as Knapp. Support, modify and enhance Knapp's WMS product to sustain successful operations in the warehouse. Define new WMS requirements for changes requested by customer and create and manage defects for issues identified. Train operator to better utilize KiSoft capabilities to analyze/diagnose common/typical issues.
Full Time :
Job Location :
: Belcamp, MD
Key Responsibilities: :
Candidate Profile: :
- Maintenance of software functionality at customer's warehouse
- Independent monitoring of the system software and hardware
- Identify and resolve critical issues
- Logistical support for warehouse operations including implementation of customized reports and scripts
- Quick response to incidents, problems & questions
- In-depth analysis of problems and coordination with Knapp's hotline & development support
- On site Release Management in close collaboration with customer
We offer: :
- Education: :
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Technical Qualifications:
- Knowledge in software development
- Technical knowledge in Linux operating system, Win 7 and higher
- Technical knowledge in Oracle database, PL/SQL, Java
- Technical knowledge about hardware-, server- and workstations
- Technical knowledge in network technologies
- Basic understanding of development concepts
- Premium Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation & 9 Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability