The Warren Washington CARE Center a non-profit Child Advocacy Center located in Glens Falls, NY is seeking a dynamic professional to join our team. The CARE Centers mission is to minimize trauma to child victims of sexual and physical abuse and their non-offending family members by providing a safe, child-friendly, neutral environment for children and families to cope and eventually heal from the devasting impact of child abuse. Consider applying for the full-time position of Outreach Coordinator/Administrative Assistant if you're looking to make a positive impact in the lives of the children and community the Warren Washington CARE Center serves.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the CAC Director, the Outreach Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant provides victim advocacy and education for children and their non-offending caregivers. The Outreach Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant also conducts forensic interviews of children who are believed to have experienced child sexual abuse or physical abuse and communicates with members of the CARE Center’s multidisciplinary team (MDT) to ensure quality services.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, with a focus in social work, criminal justice or a related field. However, a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Professional experience working with children and families during times of crisis.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Knowledge of New York state and federal granting monitoring and reporting.
- Upon completion of training, the applicant must have significant knowledge of best practices in forensic interviewing as it relates to cases of child sexual abuse, physical abuse, and child exploitation and trafficking.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide training and organize effective presentations to large groups.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team with a willingness to appreciate and value different points of view.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with the center's Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) as well as community schools, agencies, and groups.
- Collaborate with all members of the MDT to ensure that all investigations and services are coordinated efficiently and expeditiously.
- Establish rapport, provide crisis intervention and community resources, complete needs assessment with children and non-offending caregiver throughout the evaluation.
- Conduct forensic interviews with children who are believed to be possible victims of child sexual abuse and physical abuse.
- Participate in monthly MDT meetings to provide information about the child’s forensic interview and to provide information about child’s progress after being seen in the CAC.
- Provide and facilitate community outreach, education, and preventative services to agencies and community members.
- Assist the Executive Director with monitoring state/federal grants and quarterly reports.
- Organize and maintain state/federal grant documentation through bookkeeping.
- Plan and implement fundraising initiatives to ensure quality services can continue to be delivered at no cost to the children and families we serve.
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
- victim advocacy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Glens Falls, NY (Preferred)