RiskIQ is the leader in digital threat management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization's digital presence. With more than 80 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ's platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures. We are looking for an entry level Junior Executive Guardian Analyst to join our team in Kansas City.
The Executive Guardian (EG) Program within RiskIQ is built to protect C-Suite and high net worth individuals from physical threats, exposures of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and instances of social media account impersonation thereby safeguarding the individual, their reputation, family, and by extension, their company. The EG Analyst is an entry level analytic role that will learn how to build and maintain complex technical logic to identify online leaked personal information for high net worth individuals and perform threat attribution research for the purposes of providing clients with finished and actionable intelligence products relevant to the safety and security of clients, their assets and operations. The EG Analyst has basic technical proficiency, is proactive, and business-minded using both available open source and proprietary data sets to confidently support attribution of virtual threat actors with their actions. EG Analysts may eventually be considered for advancement into either the EG Protective Intelligence or Threat Intelligence Analyst tracks.
- Basic configuration of technical details in the EG platform to identify sensitive data on the web for high net worth individuals
- Review and appropriately escalate detections based on the urgency of the discovered data/threat
- Monitor EG platform and alert/support senior staff to conduct security/threat investigations into threat actors and their activities world-wide, using industry tools and proprietary information
- Assist in the production of threat analysis for dissemination to consumers on the safety and security of clients, assets and operations, including impact assessment and mitigation recommendations
- Identify opportunities to predict and prevent future security issues and/or incidents
- Collaborate with client security teams to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Collaborate with RiskIQ Legal and Engineering teams to ensure appropriate mitigation of identified risks
- Work with sensitive and confidential information and ensure highest standards to protect client confidentiality
- Support the production of finished threat analysis for dissemination to consumers on the safety and security of clients, assets and operations, including impact assessment and mitigation recommendations
- Collaborate with senior EG team members to constantly improve analytic standards, workflows, and success metrics and develop/improve analytic products as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required
- Familiarization with social media with exceptional research skills
- Technical proficiency with open source research tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple projects, and the ability to flex quickly as required by evolving corporate priorities
- Basic understanding of investigative analysis, and communicating findings to consumers
- Approximately 5-20% global travel required
- Previous cyber-investigations experience highly preferred
- Background in geopolitical, counterterrorism, counterproliferation or counter-narcotic analysis preferred
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. We detect, expose, and investigate malware, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, and much more. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We're a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - We've recently celebrated several new milestones headlined by 80% year-over-year growth revenue growth, the closing of $30.5 million in Series C funding, and recognition by Forrester in its Forrester Wave™: Digital Risk Monitoring, Q3 2016 report, which named RiskIQ a leader.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renown cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cyber security.
- Unbounded opportunity - We are small, but we're growing. At RiskIQ, you'll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Architect a big data backend to increase our storage and analysis capabilities? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility - You'll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms. RiskIQ has unlimited PTO and flexible hours.