Research Assistant (Part-Time/Telecommuting Position)
WHO WE ARE:
Lexicon & Line LLC, a research and communications company based in Ogden, UT, was born from a passion for helping government agencies, non-profits, and businesses to better connect with those that they serve. At the heart of it, we have a simple goal of using research and communications training to better connect with audiences of all kinds, whether that audience is a group of employees, a community’s citizens, an organization’s members, a student population, or a business’ target market.
Lexicon& Line does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for assisting with project-related research tasks, primarily focused on data logging and entry, Excel spreadsheet work, basic project contact communications via email and phone, and data presentation work. More advanced project coordination tasks may be assigned depending on employee skill level. This is a 100% telecommuting position.
- Assisting with data collection tasks such as logging completed surveys and coding qualitative responses
- Creating and maintaining clean, organized spreadsheets and project management tools
- Relaying information to project contacts via email and the phone
- Assisting with project-related email management and organization
- Based on the skills and abilities of the chosen intern, more advanced project management, technical writing, editing, and data analysis responsibilities will be provided. L&L retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are not at all intimidated by brilliant, ambitious part-‐time staff – show us what you do well (and what your professional passions are) and we will do our best to give you room to stretch your wings.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A RESEARCH ASSISTANT WHO ….
- Is curious, meticulous, hungry to learn, and ready to take on any challenge or task that might arise.
- Is a problem-solver – able to think critically through tasks.
- Can work independently as a telecommuter while communicating effectively with the team via email and web conferencing.
- Has solid writing/communications skills and advanced editing skills.
- Qualitative and quantitative research and/or analysis skills are a plus.
- At a minimum, an associate degree or the equivalent (at least 34 college credit hours) is required, with at least 2years’ relevant work experience.
- Education background in psychology, epidemiology, social work, the sciences, or English/communications is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word is a requirement. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS, and online project management tools is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS ….
- While part-time scheduling will be flexible, the employee must be able to work at least 50% of their time during regular business hours Monday-Friday.
- This is a 100% telecommuting position, and as such the employee needs to be able to demonstrate that they have a space to work that is free from extraneous distractions during working hours.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
- 10-20 hours per week depending on project workload
- $15-‐$20/hour depending on education and experience
Please post your resume and a customized cover letter. Postings that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Required)