Under general supervision the Patient Access Representative III is responsible for securing and providing appropriate medical business information to/from patient families and funding sources. Interprets, identifies, communicates and documents this information by way of: registration scheduling and/or acquiring authorizations for patient services in a team environment. In addition the incumbent is responsible for being a subject matter expert in their area for internal and external customer inquiries as well as supporting various communication needs as required.
- Listens well and devotes full attention to patients and medical professionals alike
- Detailed and caring, as the job involves dealing with people who are critically ill or injured
- The ability to remain calm, even under the most stressful of situations
- Communicates well, both orally and in writing
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possesses a basic understanding of medical terminology and procedures
High School Diploma, GED, or Foreign equivalent
Associate's Degree plus 1 year of experience or High School Diploma plus 2 years of experience
Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Specialty Program
2 years of experience
Experience with EPIC or other EMR systems
Bilingual English/Spanish and/or other languages that meet business needs of the department
The expected hiring range for this position is $22.00 to $30.26.
Rady Children’s Hospital is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We demonstrate this commitment by conducting regular market reviews to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, healthcare sector. The range listed above does not represent the full salary range for the position but is the expected hiring range for qualified candidates. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, licensure, unique skillsets, organizational need, and internal equity.