Velocity is an innovative, financially sound company, that provides customized leading edge products and services to its customers throughout the United States, Canada and the UK. Founded in 2005, Velocity has since become home to over 400 dedicated professionals who strive to meet the needs our of customers. Our collective expertise allows us to provide unsurpassed quality and reliability, notably when it comes to Customer Service. Our world class support center operates 24/7/365. Customer Service is our passion. We are looking for new team members that share in this sentiment and can support our continued growth and the delivery of high-quality products and services. If you are seeking a rewarding career with competitive pay and opportunities for growth, then look no further than Velocity.
Voice Technologies Specialists are responsible for a wide range of network functionality, from configuring PBXs to facilitating customer rollouts and custom-designed solutions for clients.
The Voice Technologies Specialists role is to coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining Velocitys voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware. This includes planning technology roadmaps, configuring and optimizing all VoIP/IP-PBX telephone systems and services, as well as designing and creating custom solutions for our customers. A strict adherence to SLAs for IP telephony applications is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design solutions per customers requirements.
- Provide support for VoIP and TDM-based software installations with enhanced media gateways.
- Design and operate voice services for all LAN and WAN hardware components and design correct communication media segments.
- Perform lab testing, design, and architecture work.
- Ensure compliance to infrastructure standards and security.
- Plan network capacity for clients and perform advanced diagnostics on the existing network.
- Research & implement new voice technologies
- Generate technical documentation
- Create working, documented systems to monitor/ maintain critical devices and infrastructure
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Skills and Qualification:
- Strong understanding of voice infrastructure and voice hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot voice infrastructure devices
- Knowledge of application, transport, and voice infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate diagrams and documentation for design and planning communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer networking related field of study or applicable work experience.
- Experience with telephone networks (POTS and VoIP)
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Technical writing experience
- Experience with VoIP software
- Ethernet cable and phone line termination and support
Preferred Experience and certification:
- Product and/or Service Development experience
- VoIP certifications (dCAA / dCAP, FreePBX Essentials / Professional / Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19