The Corporate Account Director’s primary responsibility is direct account management to achieve sales growth through optimal formulary access and reimbursement for assigned products. Managed Markets customers include Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Commercial Managed Care Organizations, Medicare Part-D Sponsors, Managed Medicaid & State Medicaid organizations and other organizations that may be important to the success of our products (e.g. State/Federal Exchanges, ACOs). Comprehensive account management is expected through interaction within all segments of the account (e.g. pharmacy, medical, & other departments). A critical success factor of this role will be demonstrating specific competencies through influence selling utilizing clinical knowledge, health economic and outcomes research, marketing resources and leveraging and negotiating the value proposition which may include rebates. When negotiating, this individual will demonstrate strong financial stewardship for the company. Additionally, this individual will be involved in high level, cross functional decisions working with Sales, Marketing, Contracting and other internal departments. The Corporate Account Director will be expected to be a content expert in the managed markets space and lead the reimbursement and pull-through initiatives to maximize the growth of our product portfolio.
1. Develop and maintain relationships with accounts to ensure optimal access and reimbursement for our product portfolio.
2. Demonstrate analytical competencies through proficient use of tools provided by the company and utilizing market insights to develop pull through initiatives and contract initiative recommendations. Competence in utilizing financial models is a core expectation for this position.
3. Implement and lead customer level strategic plans that are aligned with the brand strategy.
4. Negotiate contracts with targeted customers demonstrating corporate financial stewardship.
5. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the managed market landscape, customers and trends. Effectively communicate this knowledge to Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs and other core cross functional teams.
6. Demonstrate interpersonal skills in establishing solid working relationships with Interaction with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, Medical Affairs and other key departments to ensure adoption and execution of overall strategic plan and exceeding sales targets.
7. Develop, implement and lead pull-through field plans to maximize product growth.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education required/ preferred:
Minimum of 7 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry/life sciences; minimum of 3 years account management or sales management experience required. Previous people management experience.
Strong business acumen skills including proven analytical, negotiation and clinical
Established competencies to include: Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Clinical Knowledge, Drive for Results, Influence, Interpersonal Skills, Managerial Courage; Negotiation, Problem Solving, Strategic Agility; Understanding Others
- This position reports to the Sr. Director of Managed Market & Trade
- Position has frequent contact with the following positions: Account Directors, Regional Sales Directors, District Sales Managers, Sales Specialists, Medical Science Liaisons, Director of Market Access, Government Pricing and Contracts
- The position requires frequent travel to meet with managed markets customers, attending field based or corporate meetings and field rides to support account initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.