Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT COORDINATOR INTERN
Under specific supervision, manages execution and completion of environmental engineering projects for existing and developing sustainable services. Will assist with analysis of project specifications such as time, audit, and test and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data and product construction. Database maintenance and data maintenance and support function.
1. Manage project and customer information for specific clients in partnership with project management and account management. Responsible for some project execution tasks, communicating clearly and frequently with the team to discuss technical issues, explain UL Environment procedures and requirements. Act to address concerns and to resolve data issues, in order to effectively minimize the impact on the project’s turnaround time.
2. Communicates project status and results to clients and account manager through frequent contact and by preparing data summaries and reports.
3. Liasing with account managers, commercial team, finance and subject matter experts such as product management and new product development/science teams where required.
4. Database and schedule manager input and support, reconciliation of discrepancies to ensure a clean, usable system. This includes data entry, quality control, question resolution, and independent work on how products are categorized and reference on the database.
5. Perform other duties as required.
- Pursuit of University Degree (completion not required) in Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or a related field required.
- Project management experience and strong basic computer skills are preferred.
- Working experience with technical environmental concepts, such as test methods, chemicals and safety data sheets (SDS)
- Basic Knowledge or experience with one of combination of following required:
- Sustainability Standards and Environmental Claims
- Recycled Content
- Bio-Based Materials
- Rapidly Renewable Materials
- Landfill Diversion / Zero Waste to Landfill
- Indoor Air Quality –Chemical Emissions
- Lifecycle Analysis