The purpose of this position is to install, maintain, and repair personal computers and peripheral equipment.
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Installs and maintains computer equipment. Transports and sets-up computer workstations including set-up of computers, printers, monitors, keyboards, and peripheral equipment. Tests computer to ensure equipment is operational.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes necessary repairs to desktop computers, laptop computers, printers and other peripheral equipment. Communicates with vendors regarding warranty work on computers.
- Answers questions over the telephone and in person on company desktop software applications. Serves as a resource on various applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Performs network cabling tasks. Runs wiring for computer hardware. Troubleshoots network line or jacks not working properly.
- Creates images of desktop and laptop computers.
- Performs helpdesk support duties. Troubleshoots computer hardware and software problems. Talks with or meets with users to diagnose the sources of problems or errors and to provide solutions. Re-directs problems to other information technology team members as appropriate.
- Performs hardware and software installations and updates as requested.
Associates degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with two to three years computer support experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, safe driving record, proof of current auto insurance, and access to a car in good working condition.
This position rates as HEAVY WORK as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles