The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of active experience in HVAC systems. Types of projects include and not limited to restaurants, educational institutions, hotels, office buildings, tenant fit-out, government, and SCIF Space.
The candidate will have exceptional English reading, writing, and grammar skills, computer, internet, organizational abilities.
The candidate will have solid field experience and be able to produce detailed construction documents and comment responses. Knowledge of AutoCad, REVIT and energy modeling required. PE and LEED AP preferred.
The candidate will have exceptional skills to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and computer-generated reports. Consult with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve systems malfunctions, and provide technical information. Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
The successful candidate will be a professional team player with problem solving and able to take projects from concept through construction on time and with required level of quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Researches, designs, evaluates, equipment, systems or processes to meet requirements.
- Confers with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolves system malfunctions, or provides technical information.
- Develops, coordinates, or monitors all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Investigates equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Drafts working drawings accounting for duct work and pipes, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Communication - refers to the ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
- Engineering and Technology - knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Monitoring -Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Design -refers to the ability to generate creative solutions. Translate concepts and information into images. Apply design principles. Use feedback to modify designs. Demonstrate attention to detail. Makes good use of available materials resources. Has ability to develop new and original ideas, creates effective designs. Use intuition and experience to complement data. Explore multiple options to overcome technical, workflow and design obstacles. Change approach or method to best fit situation. Consults with other co-workers and various resources.
Experience and Requirments:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, 10+ years of related experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver's license required
- Knowledge of Auto CAD required
- Knowledge of Revit and LEED preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, and climbing.
The employee may be exposed to hot or cold temperatures, heights, and loud machinery or equipment. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, paid time off, and paid company holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- active: 10 years
- Mechanical Engineering: 10 years
Required work authorization: