GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides structured basketball experience, for participants at the NYC Basketball Kids Camp programs. Reports to the NYC Basketball Kids Camp Director and Management and works with campers, parents, volunteers, & other camp counselors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Instructs campers in basketball at each program - must be engaged in basketball activities with participants.
2. Monitors participants during scheduled program times.
3. Helps campers arrive and depart for each program. Actively engages participants throughout the program.
5. Assists camp director and other counselors when necessary.
6. Maintains a safe and healthy environment where participants can learn and grow athletically.
7. Introduces participants to new techniques, and provide them with the skills necessary to play.
8. Assist with operations and set-up with NBA players
9. Distribute marketing materials to generate camp sign-ups.
Education: High School Diploma. Must have completed at least one year of college.
Camp counselor experience preferredKnowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Summer Basketball operates from 7/9 - 7/27 Monday-Friday. Camp will take place in Hoboken. Some additional Saturdays throughout the summer may be available.
Job Type: Internship